Mississippi Students


If you need a Application For Mississippi Food Permit <<—Click here


Who needs a food permit?

If you prepare, hold, transport and/or serve food for pay you are required by state law to have a food permit. Charitable, non-profit organizations and private schools are not required to have a food permit.

Information received from   http://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/30,0,77,311.html


Obtaining a Food Permit

Restaurants and caterers can now apply for a food facility permit electronically through MSDH permit and inspection process:

Step 1: Request a Plan Review packet by emailing us at [email protected].

Step 2: Complete the application and Plan Review, and email it to [email protected], or to the address listed on the Plan Review. Please allow 48 hours for MSDH to acknowledge receipt of your application. To expedite MSDH review please ensure the following:

Put your facility name on the subject line of the email and on all the documents you submit.
Provide a complete application and plan review including:
Floor plan
Copy of the Food Manager’s certificate
Step 3: You should receive an invoice from us via email once your application has been reviewed and approved.

Step 4: Click on the link in the email in order to pay the permit fee, or go to https://www.ms.gov/msdh/environmental/Food. Input the “Permit ID Number” exactly as it appears on your invoice. Permits must be paid for online before an inspection can take place.

Information received from http://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/30,0,77.html